Saturday, June 1, 2013

Weddings

We went down to Jacksonville, Florida on Memorial Day weekend to attend the wedding of my husband's high school friend, Ken. This is the only picture we took of the beautiful couple, and unfortunately the bride, Casey, is slightly blurry.  Y'all wouldn't believe how stunning she looked in person!



Speaking of which, I must share a little anecdote that I find particularly hilarious. Leading up to our big wedding (which was only about 85 people, but big in comparison to our little wedding at the courthouse that was just  the two of us), I would ask Michael what he thought my dress would look like/what he wanted my dress to look like. I know that I was playing with fire, but he had watched enough "Say Yes to the Dress" with me to know what I liked. The only thing he described that was contrary to my Claire by Priscilla of Boston dress was the fabric.  He said, "You know, like that kinda shiny, soft, smooth fabric?". I said, "Uh huh, mine isn't like that." Game ruined.

On our big day, he loved my dress, of course, and I completely forgot about our conversation on gown fabrics until we were at Ken and Casey's wedding reception this past weekend. After chatting with the blissfully happy bride, Michael turns to me and says, "I really like her dress... it's that shiny soft looking fabric."  I immediately knew that he was clarifying his preference stated a year ago... he finally had a sample in front of him to show me what he thought my wedding dress should look like! I burst out laughing, saying,"Can't change it now!" and "Do you want a re-do?", and giggled about this for the rest of the night. He felt bad and backtracked and apologized, but I wasn't mad anyhow.  It was a really pretty dress! So Casey, if you ever had doubts about that dress, Mike (and me too!) gives it a big vote of approval :)

Many women might be upset or offended if this were a comment from their husband, but I just thought it was adorable.  Like for some speck in time, he forgot that we were already married, and I had already walked down the aisle wearing silk organza, not satin. I figure, he can prefer another dress all he wants, as long as he still prefers me to be the girl in it :)


My dress... oh the amount of Special K I ate to fit into that 00! 
At least I have the results documented in thousands of photos thanks to LHM Photography!

We had so much fun at Ken and Casey's wedding, and it made us sentimental for our big day almost a year ago. I'll post some throw back stories as we get closer to our first anniversary on June 30th!


No comments:

Post a Comment