Saturday, June 8, 2013

"Orange" Juice

This morning I am really craving a pick-me-up that doesn't come in the form of a caffeinated beverage.  I'm talking about juicing, people!! Just trust me, the little 'high' you get from your body absorbing all of those yummy vitamins is way better than any Starbucks fix (although who doesn't give in to their soy chai addiction every now and again... I guess that's my issue. Sorry, y'all!).

Getting back on track to juicing! If I was able to juice this morning, I would start off with an "orange" juice.  For those that are just starting to juice or wanting to begin juicing, I think this is a really good beginners juice.  My husband will even swap out his morning Indian River OJ for my version! This is saying something, y'all!



Recipe for "Orange" Juice

7 Large Carrots
1 Pear
1 Green Apple
5 Celery Stalks, with leaves
2 Oranges, peeled
1 Lemon, peeled
Ginger, to taste (Approx 1-2 Tbs)

Just some of the vitamins in this juicy goodness: A, B, C, E, Calcium, Iron, Folate, Thiamin, and Zinc.

Push everything through your juicer, in this order. Stir.

Makes enough for two servings that come in around 200 Calories each. Drink up with a Carrot Muffin, and you won't be hungry again for quite awhile... it is surprising how filling this juice can be!

This juice can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 2 days, but everything is better fresh.

So give it a try... your body will thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment