Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Shed

We went to a BBQ place called The Shed when we were down in Biloxi, Mississippi, about a month and a half ago.  We knew we were in for a treat when we saw this parked right outside.

For a little perspective, I'm about as tall as one of those tires.

The entire restaurant, which is surprisingly sprawling and next to a large creek that connects to the Back Bay of Biloxi, is constructed out of scraps: spare windows, sheet metal, plywood, and random doors are attached together precariously.  The 'floor' inside and out is gravel, and, of course, there are no temperature controls aside from a few fans scattered across the 'ceiling' in places.  The seating is wooden picnic benches, and the napkins come in the form of a roll of paper towels on each table.  I'm terribly sorry I did't take a picture of this scene, but I think the BBQ that I consumed took all of my attention.

The first time we went (yes, we went more than once during our four week stint in Biloxi), we tasted a little bit of everything: brisket, pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and sausage.  The chicken was the hands down favorite, with the BBQ smoked sausage coming in second. The mac salad and sweet potato fries were also things I would go back for... just not in the summer. I think I would cook right along with the BBQ if I sat in that un-air conditioned building in July!


No comments:

Post a Comment