Thursday, June 20, 2013

Washington Things: Part 1

Ok, y'all. By now you've probably started to see some patterns of things I like to do in a new place. Find good restaurants, do yoga, cook (if possible), and try almost anything and everything considered to be local. After being in Washington for a few days, I've realized that there are WAY too many great local things to just write one post about them, so I'm going to have a little series.

This first one is all about cherries!

When I went to Whole Foods yesterday (I happily ended up at Westlake, the one in downtown Seattle), I was on the hunt for local foods.  As commercialized as Whole Foods has become, I really like how every store tries to carry a unique selection of local items and labels them as such.

My husband loves cherry anything, especially the fresh ones, so when I saw local fresh cherries I had to pick some up.

Holy cow... these are the best cherries I've ever tasted! Like candy, but better! Stemilt gets four thumbs up from us!

Geez... all the exclamation points... you would think I'm trying to rub it in or something.  Basically, if y'all are going to visit Washington State, come during cherry season. Trust me.

I've had to stop myself from eating too many of these while my husband is at the hospital today... they were 'for him' after all!  On second thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment