Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Universal Studios


This past weekend, my in-laws went to Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. Hearing about how lovely their trip was made me think way back to this past January (2013) when my husband and I made the same trip to celebrate his birthday.

So here are a few throwback tidbits from our couple of days at the parks.



I would highly recommend staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort (in these pictures, we are having drinks at one of the restaurants on the resort property).  Not only is it convenient and beautiful, but guests staying there also receive express passes to skip the longest lines in the parks! 



I would also suggest eating dinner at Emeril's at Universal's Citywalk. Like Commander's Palace, the meal at Emeril's is in my top 5 best list.  The food I expected to fabulous, but the ambiance was superb, with a view of the Universal studio fireworks out the window behind my husband. 

Sidenote: looking at these pictures is making me nostalgic for something other than vacation- my long hair! Remember when I chopped it off in Texas? Who let me do that? Alright, my fault... enough vanity for now.


It was a beautiful January day in Florida (can you tell?), so we really enjoyed walking around in between rides. Our favorite in Universal Studios was the Despicable Me ride.




 In Islands of Adventure, the Harry Potter section of the park was, surprisingly, our hands down favorite.

 Although my husband (and the small children sitting next to us on the ride) sure got a kick out of my death screams on Dr. Doom's Fearfall! I might have a minor fear of heights... or elevators... or both. Just maybe :)



Lunch at Mythos was a nice departure from the hustle of the park.  Reservations are a must at this restaurant that is a prior winner of the title "Best Theme Park Restaurant in the World."



Don't we look like we're having a good time?! I think I'll start planning our next vacation, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment