Monday, February 18, 2013

Blonde Salon

I've needed a haircut/color refresher for quite some time. On Friday, I finally set aside two hours of my day to go get it take care of.

At the recommendation of Michael's attending physician, I made my way to Blonde Salon in Killeen, Texas. I was 10 minutes early, per my personality and another good habit which my mother bestowed upon me (thanks again, mom!), but the stylist, Stacy, was ready for me. She understood what I wanted to do (shorten it up and warm up the color with lowlights), but maybe didn't quite get the gravity of the situation.

The last time I cut off a significant amount of hair, I was seventeen and my friend Amanda chopped it off with a pair of dull scissors in my boarding school dorm room. Perhaps I was having flashbacks to that traumatic moment when Stacey unceremoniously (and without warning!) lopped off five inches before starting my foils. I think I disguised my hyperventilation well as she quickly put in 25-30 foils of a coppery brown shade throughout my hair. When I say quickly, I'm not kidding... I've never seen a stylist do this as fast as Stacey did. I was sitting in the little lounge processing after about 20 minutes (whoa there speedy gonzales!). It was a little nerve wracking, but she seemed to know what she was doing.

The haircut is still growing on me (and literally growing, thank goodness), because I haven't had hair this short in over 7 years. However, I think the color is divine. I had Stacey write down the exact colors she used so that the next stylist I use can replicate it. Where that will be, nobody knows :)

Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment