Monday, February 11, 2013

Must Love Mail

Mail is an important part of my life. I like sending mail and receiving mail, of course, but for me, it's more than that. Mail and I, we go way back.

Probably the most important thing mail and I have gone through together was my long distance relationship with my now-husband. For three years, Michael and I were never together for more than a week, and even two consecutive days was rare at times. Therefore, I wrote lots of letters, sent many cards, and pieced together quite a few packages. If I had to ballpark it, we're probably talking 600 pieces of mail. Minimum.

So, where has all that love and devotion to the post office gone? All over the place! I've always been a thank-you note sender (thanks for that habit, mom!), but now I send notes and cards to loved ones whenever the occasion arises or there is a spare moment in my day.

I just think that getting something pretty in a non-electronic version is so special now-a-days. I'm not sure that everyone understands that, though.  During one of the last card purchases I made, the cashier commented on my purchase: "Geez! $10 for just four cards... isn't that awful!!"... My response: "Maybe, but they will brighten the days of those I send them to!"... her response: "Yea, and then they are in the garbage."  I am a little too tirelessly optimistic to think of anything besides the smile on someone's face when they open a nice note or a card (not to mention the fact that I have a system for keeping meaningful cards), so I just told the cashier to have a great day.

My favorite cards and stationery come from Papyrus, Curly Girl Design, and Paper Source.  It's a little bit of an addiction for me, but I think that's ok, right?

Here are two of the cards I sent out for Valentine's Day.



They are both made by Papyrus, and I thought they were perfect.

Chances are, if you're in my family or are one of my close friends, you've been the beneficiary of a piece of mail from me.  However, if you have somehow missed out on some paper-love, just message me your address, and I will remedy the situation very quickly :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh! Wish you would've received our mail today!!!! It is on it's way!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete