Friday, February 8, 2013

Luigi's

Last night we went out to dinner in Harker Heights, which is about 15 minutes away from Fort Hood.  It was a good-bye dinner of sorts because the visiting resident, Allison, is going back to San Antonio today after spending a month up here at Darnall Army Medical Center.  Michael really enjoyed working with her this past week, so even though I wasn't feeling great (still fighting the nasty head cold) we headed out to her farewell.



Luigi's was the restaurant of choice. It was a local Italian place that was bring-your-own-wine for a $4 corking fee.  I brought the bottle of Killka Malbec (which was even better than I remembered it), and someone else brought Dalliance Red Blend (which was milder in comparison to the malbec, but still good).

The food was surprisingly good, and reasonably priced.  My manicotti was a perfectly sized portion for $8. My husband had lobster ravioli, which was slightly pricier, but just as delish.  I tasted some of his sauce on a piece of homemade bread... so yummy!

The company was lovely, too, as always here in Texas.

All in all, Luigi's joined the ranks of restaurants we have enjoyed here in Fort Hood!  I can't believe we only have two weeks left here... can't decide if I'm happy or sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment