Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Year

Michael and I celebrated one year of marriage on Friday!  What?!  The "Big Day" was June 30th! How could we possibly be celebrating one year already?!

Turns out that even though our "Big Day" was June 30th, we had a small day to ourselves on February 15, 2012.  It was sweet and lovely and now we have a two-day long Valentines celebration to look forward to every year!

The happiest day of my life...

We had a little 'reception' together last year before I had to head over to George Mason for class (our appointment to get married was at 2:00 and I had to leave for class at 4:00... we really fit getting married into our schedule :)  So we sipped on a glass of my favorite champagne (Pommery Brut Royal) and enjoyed a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake (because how can one get married without cake, right?) for a quick celebration.

For our anniversary, I wanted to sort of re-create that.  You're supposed to share the top tier of your wedding cake together on the first anniversary, so I decided that cupcakes again would be the only appropriate way to go!  So off I went (after a semi-traumatic haircut detailed here) to The Sweet Factory to get a strawberry cupcake for me and a carrot cake cupcake for Michael, because that is what we had last year :)


Add two flutes of champagne into this equation, and it was the perfect evening! 


Side note: I didn't pack the flutes we used last year (a lovely gift from my MIL for the occasion) because I was fearful of them being broken in all the moving, so we had to buy a new pair to use.  Of course... plastic wouldn't do on our very first first anniversary :)  have I confessed my love for stemware?  Anyways, the flutes came in a box that looked like this:



So they will definitely be keepsakes of our first, first anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment