Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Digs

Whew! What yesterday was quite a day here in scenic Fort Hood, Texas! You'll remember from my previous post (because I know y'all obsessively check this darn thing to see me wax poetic about my shower) that all was not copacetic.




However, speaking of showers, we have a new one now... It doesn't burn us or give us frostbite like the evil one, but it does change pitch (shhhh to shhhiii) every now and again. I just think it has a playful sense of humor :)

So, how did we manage to receive this wonderful upgrade??? We moved! Hallelujah!

After deciding that we were too exhausted to deal with Poxon House for another night, I went and spoke to the management to see if we could move to a room at Keith Ware Hall.  They were very understanding about our continuing issues (did I mention the constant threat of cigarette smoke wafting into our room, whether the door was closed or not?), and very accommodating as they set us up in a new room at Keith Ware Hall.


The difference between our previous room and our current circumstances extend far beyond the shower.  We are now in a hotel with interior doors, which means that the carpet in the rooms is fresh, clean, and not musty. Instead of a makeshift ironing board 'counter top', there is a dedicated spot where the crock pot has found a home. There is a desk (the medical student was thrilled!) and a large closet and a chair without mysterious stains.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  Being here makes me happy.



Moving did not make me happy, though.  I was getting my husband's lovely head cold and working on 3 hours of sleep, so running around in 80 degree heat with heavy suitcases and boxes of books wasn't my cup of tea.  But we are all settled in, so I can take care of my sick self in the peace and quiet of room 333 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment