Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weather

Just in case you don't already know this about me, I can't stand cold weather.

Sure, some of the things that go hand-in-hand with cold weather are nice, like curling up next to a crackling fire in a fireplace, watching snow fall outside, hot cider/tea/coffee/hot chocolate, scarves, hats, etc.  I really enjoy things like that.

I do not enjoy being outside, bundled from head to toe, and freezing my little hiney off! I crave warmth and sunshine 24/7.

So, imagine my delight when I wake up yesterday in Fort Hood, Texas,and check the weather. 

At our former home in Bethesda, Maryland, it was 17 degrees (with a high of 28, I believe) and snow was about to start falling.  Yuck.  For those who know about DC traffic, snow can be the catalyst for absolute nightmares: snowpocalypse or snowmageddon anyone?

In Killeen, Texas, it was 65 degrees (with a high of 81) and sunny.  I wore shorts all day. In January. That is the stuff my dreams are made of!

This is the weather comparison for today:


Not as spectacular in Killeen today, but still better than Bethesda/Rockville.

Note:  This post is not meant to brag about the weather in Killeen and to make those of you that are currently shoveling snow jealous in any way.  I am simply trying to remind myself on a daily basis that there are good things about living in the middle of nowhere. Good weather happens to be one of the things that resonates with my soul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment