Friday, January 25, 2013

Ode to My Dish Rack

So, I'm guessing that when y'all saw this post title you thought one of the following.

1) Wow, she is really scraping the bottom of the barrel on this whole blog thing, and its only week 3!

2) I have better things to do than to read some crazy lady's ramblings about a dish rack.

3) It must be quite a dish rack!

4) Poor thing, she must be pretty lonely in Texas to have such emotional attachment to an inanimate object.


If you went with response number 3, we must be friends. It is quite a dish rack, and I miss it so.

This is what my wonderful dish rack that is now in a storage unit in Maryland looks like.  

First of all, I love that it is clear/white.  Our previous dish rack was black, and not only did it not match our very white kitchen (tragic, right?), but it made our VERY limited counter space look even smaller.  Surprisingly, when we replaced our smaller, black dish rack with this larger clear/white one, our counter top magically appeared larger.

Secondly, it has spots dedicated to specific things: knife block, glass holders, sponge holders, etc. All of these features are necessary for me, and a very efficient use of space.

Lastly, there is a stainless-steel spout (that only betrayed me once by slicing my finger open... we went to therapy, and all is forgiven) that can be moved from the long side to the short side depending on the size of your counter space.

Another thing, we didn't pay the $60 price tag either.  We picked one up at the Williams Sonoma Outlet for $30, and paid for it with gift cards we received as wedding presents. Bargain shopping at its finest :)

This is my 'dish rack' now.



Notice there is no rack involved.  It consists of a folded hand towel that barely fits next to the sink.  If you're good at playing "I Spy", you'll notice the precarious position of the chef's knife perched on top of a plastic container.  Dangerous situations like this one make my husband very concerned for my well being.


The one thing that I am very grateful for is that this is not our bathroom sink.  It is our dedicated 'kitchen sink'.... even though several things will not fit under that low spigot and therefore require me to use one in the bathtub. No big deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment