Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Red Onion

Even though I was FINALLY able to have the opportunity to cook tonight, the chance was thwarted by Michael's clerkship director, Monica.  She is so lovely and welcoming that she planned a dinner out with her and another pediatrician and their husbands. Although I was infuriated by her hospitality, I went along with Michael and the other two pediatric clerkship students, Jill and David.

Note: I am pretending to be upset about not yet using my crock pot in our tiny motel room in order to give myself something to look forward to tomorrow.  In reality, no sane person would be disappointed to eat yummy Indian food off post after spending the better part of a day in the previously mentioned tiny motel room. I'm mostly sane.


The Red Onion Indian Bistro was very delicious. I have been trying to convince Michael to go to an Indian restaurant with me for years (not that he has ever been especially resistant, there was just always somewhere he or I wanted to go to more), so I was especially thrilled about this first foray into the cuisine of Killeen, TX.

I had chicken tikka masala and Michael had tandoori chicken (which they served with tikka masala sauce, making it practically the same dish).  We also had rice and some very garlic-y naan.  I wouldn't change a thing about our meal. Heavily seasoned Indian food totally makes my tastebuds sing :)

The only thing that was less than desirable (not for me, but for a certain med student I know... rhymes with Schmichael) was that it was a two hour long dinner on a Tuesday night.  Studying is a much higher priority, especially after spending a few hours with REAL patients.  As for me, I like to facilitate avoidance of 'I'm not studying and I want to be' anxiety as much as possible.  

Takeaway- The food was amazing.  The people were sweet.  The dinner was too long. We will probably repeat this adventure in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment