Monday, January 21, 2013

Improvising

Over the course of the move and this first week of travel, I have done a pretty good job of a lot of things: packing, organizing, planning, etc.  However, my biggest accomplishment has to be how thoroughly I beat myself up.  From broken nails, to scratches and scrapes, to track-mark bruises up and down my legs, I am definitely not in tip-top shape right now.

Therefore, I decided I deserved a little pampering.  This turns out to be quite a tall order on MLK day in Killeen, TX. So I decided to give myself a pedicure in our little motel room.

I am sparing y'all photos of the process.  Lets just say it was a project, and probably needed the expertise of the ladies at Natural Nail Care in Fleming Island, FL.


I am a total product junkie, and Philosophy happens to be one of my favorite brands.  This foot scrub, Footnotes, (really awesome exfoliant, with eucalyptus and lavender) was ironically appropriate for my needs today. 

The front of the tube reads: "On the road of life, everybody has their own path and pace. Some people are high mileage, easy highway.  Others are low mileage, rough terrain.  Either way, everybody deserves a break from whatever road they are traveling."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment