Monday, January 14, 2013

Brussels Sprouts

I needed a little pick me up today, so I decided to make some brussels sprouts for lunch! Lost? Make this recipe and you might understand.

I am a total brussels sprouts freak.  This recipe is like crack to me.  For those who aren't brussels sprouts freaks, this recipe might make you one.  Or you may taste them and still hate them like my husband does.  Sigh.

Anyways, give 'em a go!




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Trim 1 lb sprouts and cut in half.  Mince 4-8 cloves of garlic (I'm a garlic freak, too), depending on your tastes.  Toss garlic, sprouts, and 1 Tbs grapeseed oil.  Place sprouts cut-side down in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure the garlic goes with them.  Sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper over the top.  

Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms start to brown.

NOTE: the photo of my sprouts are not browned enough because I am impatient.  However, it is worth it for them to get browned and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment