Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The End of a Long Hiatus

Hey y'all! I am terribly sorry for the extended pause in my posts while I dealt with some health issues (all is well thanks to the marvelous Dr. Lipari).  I know this blog is probably the most important and exciting part of your day, so never fear, I'm back :)

The last time I wrote we were in Fort Bragg, NC.  Needless to say, we are not there any longer (however, we did discover the moniker of that Army base- "All the Way"... I think its an airborne thing, but Michael and I really did get a kick out of it when they would shout it at us when we drove on base).  Because I was dealing with some health issues and Michael was handling a pretty hectic schedule, we did not enjoy Fort Bragg as much as we may have otherwise.  Here is one instance of getting out and enjoying Fayetteville a bit:

We went to Joe's Crab Shack once, right after Michael finished with work for the day.  The food was nothing spectacular, but my margarita that came in a mason jar was AWESOME!  My mom and sister have had the mason jar margarita on separate occasions and rave about it, too... we know a good marg :)

Since leaving Fort Bragg at the end of March, we have spent time in Bethesda, MD, Jacksonville, FL, Biloxi, MS, New Orleans, LA, and the Bahamas.  Some of those were dictated by the Army, and others were dictated by some time off and vacation... you can guess which is which :) There are so many things that I want to blog about from that time period, so I'm going to attempt some catch-up.  Here are a few topics for which you can keep an eye open:

Juicing
Home Decorating (Homegoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls centric)
The Commanders Palace/Cafe du Monde/The French Quarter
Indian Recipes
Other Recipes
Lazy Magnolia Brewing
Royal Caribbean Cruise
My 24th Birthday
Furniture Refinishing
The Beau Rivage
The Shed BBQ
The Still
Weddings

One thing y'all won't be hearing about anytime soon is crock-pot cooking.  I haven't (completely) given up on the appliance yet, but it was banned at our last location (Biloxi, MS) and our current one also.  Right now, luckily, I have access to a kitchen at my parent's home, which is 15 minutes away.

We are now in Portsmouth, VA, where we will be located for the next 4 weeks. I'm really enjoying being close to my parents, who live in Norfolk, despite the lack of AC in our Navy Gateway Inns and Suites room, and my husband is thoroughly enjoying having a light schedule while he rotates through General Internal Medicine and Sub-specialties outpatient.

I promise it won't be another two months before I post again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment